Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Italian Vacation

I just returned from Italy with my husband on Sunday. For those who don't know, my husband is Italian, born and raised. Thus the point of our trip was to visit family and friends for the most part. Italians, I am told, do not invite someone over for a drink. They invite someone over for a meal. We spent the majority of our trip "house hopping" and enjoying a lot of lovely food, wine, and company. In 9 days, I gained 4 pounds and it was worth it!

Our primary hosts, were a wonderful family (that lucky for me, spoke English!) I absolutely adored their kitchen! Although, you'll probably be surprised when you see what that looks like. :)  It's not one of those "magazine kitchens" that are massive, shiny, and have Top of the Line everything. While I wouldn't mind having a magazine kitchen, I loved the homey, rustic, detailed features of this kitchen. It's small, and not without some awkward-ness (The dishwasher is on the other side of that island. I don't think you could pick a more inconvenient place for it!) Nevertheless, I am hoping to use it as an inspiration for my own kitchen. What do you think?



 I love how bright and sunny it is. I love the colorful plates displayed on the wall, the white cabinets, and the wooden cabinets with the glass panels. It's just adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment